The European Union has exclusive competence in areas related to the conservation of fishing resources. It also establishes standards and trading relationships, within and outside the common market, related to fishery and aquaculture products. The EU defines and funds important research projects related to the marine environment. Finally, it sets guidelines with regard to ocean management and the development of renewable energies in the sea.
AlienorEU’s team has a strong expertise in the following policies:
- Common Fisheries Policy (CFP)
- Marketing standards for fishery and aquaculture products, including labeling standards, on the common market
- EU international trade policy
- Marine and aquaculture research
- Integrated maritime policy
- Continental waters management
For more information, please contact Cécile Fouquet.